Industrial rubber tubing is typically a type of tubing made from a natural or synthetic rubber material. These rubber materials are highly versatile and cost-effective for various rubber tubing uses. The most common industrial application is transporting fluids and gases. Why is it ideal in every industry? Because of its properties, industrial rubber tubing is a perfect choice. It is popular in those applications where flexibility, durability, and resistance are concerned.
Industrial rubber tubing is a compulsory material in every industry. It serves various sectors, including manufacturing, automotive, and construction. However, you can not underestimate the importance of industrial rubber tubing in multiple sectors. It plays a crucial role in safety and efficiency. In addition, its flexibility and durability make it suitable for use in many environments. Moreover, it is resistant to extreme temperatures and reactive chemicals.
This article highlights the widespread use of industrial rubber tubing in different industries. It typically tells the reader the scope of the industrial tubing rubber business. However, we will begin with the properties and manufacturing process. In the later part of this article, we will discuss different industrial rubber tubing uses.
Industrial Rubber Tubing Introduction
What are the differences between standard tubing and industrial rubber tubing? In easy words, standard tubing might be made from plastics, acrylics, or metal. On the other hand, industrial rubber tubing is made from a high-quality natural or synthetic rubber material. These rubbers are incredibly beneficial for extreme environments. “The Different Types of Rubber Tubing – A Guide” highlights the fundamentals of rubber tubing and its types.
However, Industrial rubber tubing provides several vital properties. These properties make it a versatile, reliable, and safe option. Some of the most important properties include the following.
- Flexibility And Durability: Rubber is a flexible material for various shapes and products. Its excellent flexibility prevents breaking while bending and moving it. As a result, it is ideal for using applications of repeated pressure.
- Temperature And Chemical Resistance: Rubber can withstand extreme temperatures and sensitive chemicals naturally. On the other hand, synthetic rubber can also be designed for specific resistivity requirements.
- Elasticity And Abrasion Resistance: Rubber doesn’t lose shape or break from stretch and contract. As a result, it provides an excellent capability of elasticity. In addition, rubber can also absorb shock and pressure, ensuring excellent impact resistivity. However, rubber is also an abrasion-resistant material. Therefore, it can withstand friction and wear and prevents damage or degradation.
The manufacturing process of industrial rubber tubing involves four primary steps. First, the process mixes the raw materials with other additives. These additives can be fillers, accelerators, or stabilizers. Next, this mixture goes to the extrusion chamber to get the desired shape and size. In the third step, the extruded rubber tubing goes through vulcanization. This step is necessary for the required properties. Finally, finishing the product involves trimming the ends, marking, and labeling.
What is Rubber Tubing Used For?
Industrial rubber tubing plays a crucial role in various industries. Their unique properties make them ideal for different applications. Rubber tubing is widely popular in the food and beverage industry to the chemical and automotive industries. It helps in transporting a lot of raw materials and products. These materials might include fluids, gases, and other materials. Some of the major applications of industrial rubber tubing are the following.
1. Food and Beverage Industry
Industrial rubber tubing is preferred in this sector for transporting products. It transports products hygienically without contaminating them. Here are some of the major applications of industrial rubber tubing in the mentioned industry.
- Transportation of milk and dairy products: Tubing rubber is famous for transporting milk, cream, and yogurt.
- Beer and other beverage transportation: Rubber tubing is also necessary to transport beer and soft drinks. These rubber tubes maintain the flavor and quality of the products.
- Fruit juice processing: Industrial rubber tubing is resistant to chemicals. It ensures that the flavor and quality of the juices remain intact during the processing.
- Packaging and filling: Industrial rubber tubing is also preferred in packaging food products.
- Wine and vineyard industry: Industrial rubber tubing resists chemicals and temperature changes. As a result, it becomes an ideal choice for applications in wine production.
- Sugar processing: Syrups and molasses are required in sugar processing factories. High-temperature rubber tubing is resistant to extreme temperatures and chemical conditions. As a result, it is also an ideal choice for processing in sugar factories.
2. Medical Industry
Industrial rubber tubing is also extensively popular in medical industries. Here are some of the most common applications:
- Intravenous (IV) therapy: Tubing rubber delivers fluids and medications into the patient’s vein. These rubber tubings are medical-grade biocompatible.
- Respiratory therapy: Rubber tubing medical delivers oxygen to patients with breathing difficulties.
- Surgical procedures, such as laparoscopy, require rubber tubing. Draining blood, suctioning secretions, or inflating a surgical balloon are typical applications.
- Blood transfusion: Transferring blood from donor to recipient is another use of rubber tubing. It is also prevalent in dialysis methods.
- Urinary catheterization: Tubing rubber drains urine from the bladder through a catheter.
- Enteral feeding: Tubing rubber delivers nutrition directly into the gastrointestinal tract. This method applies to patients who can not eat or drink normally.
3. Chemical Industry
This sector typically handles hazardous materials and substances. Industrial rubber tubing, in this case, provides a safe and reliable solution. Industrial rubber tubing transports and transfers these materials to their destination. Here are some popular applications of rubber tubing in the chemical industry:
- Chemical transfer: High-density foam rubber tubing transports and transfers various chemicals. These chemicals include acids, alkalis, solvents, or gases.
- Dosing and metering: Rubber tubing helps in metering precise quantities of chemicals into a system. Some popular application places are water treatment plants, industrial manufacturing processes, and laboratories.
- Pumping: Rubber tubing is used in pumps to transport chemicals. Industrial rubber tubing can withstand the abrasive nature of the materials.
- Labroraty use: Some typical applications require rubber tubing in the laboratory. These uses include connecting laboratory equipment, collecting samples, and transporting chemicals.
4. Automotive Industry
Industrial rubber tubing is also famous in the automotive industry. Here are some of the most common applications of Rubber tubing in the automotive industry:
- Engine components: Rubber tubing is prevalent in the air intake, vacuum, and an engine’s coolant systems.
- Fuel systems: Rubber tubing transports fuel from the tank to the engine.
- Hydraulic systems: Rubber tubing is essential for hydraulic brakes in automotive vehicles.
- Automotive HVAC systems: Rubber tubing transports refrigerant from the compressor to the evaporator.
5. HVAC System
HVAC stands for Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. These systems rely on this rubber product for fluid transportation to insulation. Here are a few typical applications of rubber tubing in HVAC systems:
- Refrigerant transportation of different HVAC systems requires rubber tubing. These systems include a compressor, condenser, evaporator, and expansion valve
- Drainage: Rubber tubing transports condensate from HVAC units to a drainage system.
- Rubber tubing is an ideal insulator for HVAC pipes to prevent heat loss and condensation.
- Ductwork connections in elbows and vents components require rubber tubing. It connects the fan and blower to these ductwork components.
- Air distribution: Rubber tubing distributes air from the HVAC unit to the various rooms in a building.
- Vibration dampening: Rubber tubing dampens vibration in HVAC equipment. Compressors and motors are the typical application places.
- Ventilation: Rubber tubing transports fresh air from outside to the HVAC units for ventilation.
Industrial rubber tubing is surprisingly popular in construction projects for various purposes. However, here are some unique applications of rubber tubing in the construction sector:
- Concrete delivery: Rubber tubing transports concrete from the mixer truck.
- Water drainage: Rubber tubing also transports water away from the construction site.
- Electrical systems require Rubber tubing to protect and organize electrical wires.
- Plumbing systems: Rubber tubing transports water and other fluids between pipes and fixtures.
- HVAC systems: Rubber tubing helps HVAC systems to transport air and liquids between ductwork and vents.
- Insulation: Rubber seal tubing provides insulation for pipes and wires in buildings. It helps in preventing heat loss and condensation.
- Fire suppression systems: Rubber tubing delivers fire suppression agents to sprinklers and hoses.
7. Manufacturing Industry
Finally, in the manufacturing industry, industrial rubber tubing also contributes significantly. Here are some of the most common applications of rubber tubing in the manufacturing industry:
- Fluid transportation: Rubber tubing transports water, chemicals, and gases in manufacturing.
- Product conveyance: Rubber tubing also moves products between different manufacturing stages.
- Product packaging: Rubber tubing also plays a crucial role in product packaging.
- Pneumatic systems: Rubber tubing transports compressed air between various components in pneumatic systems. These components might include assembly equipment, valves, cylinders, and others.
- Cooling systems: Rubber tubing transports coolant between various components. It helps in the cooling systems of radiators and engines.
- Lubrication systems: Rubber tubing transports oil and grease between bearings and gears.
- Vacuum systems: Rubber gas line tubing also plays a crucial role in vacuum systems. It transports air and gases between pumps and chambers.
In conclusion, industrial rubber tubing is essential in various sectors. It is a versatile component with numerous rubber tubing uses. Custom rubber tubing is crucial in ensuring the product and processes are efficient and safe. Future developments will continue to improve the properties and increase the use of rubber tubing uses. Therefore, it will enhance its importance in various sectors.
Seashore Rubber produces high-quality industrial rubber tubing. They are one of the best rubber tubing manufacturers in the world. However, a good number of rubber tubing options are available in their store. Contact customer support if you have questions about the products and their performance. Indeed, they keep one of the best customer support teams in the world.